Accredited Gemologist Appraiser
Appraisals of Diamonds, Gold, Gemstones, Precious Metals, Modern or Vintage Watches,
Contemporary, Antique, Heirloom, and Vintage Era Jewelry
Theresa (Teri) Newman Brossmer is a professional independent jewelry appraiser and gemologist
with over 30 years of experience in the jewelry and gemological industry.
- Master Gemologist Appraiser® - American Society of Appraisers
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) - American Society of Appraisers
- Graduate Gemologist (GG) - GIA Alumni Association
- AGA Certified Gemological Laboratory #36 - Accredited Gemologists Association
- CIA Certified Insurance Appraiser – Jewelry Insurance Appraisal Institute
- Certificate in Appraisal Studies - University of California, Irvine
- Senior Member - National Association of Jewelry Appraisers
- Qualified Appraiser under IRS Guidelines producing Qualified Appraisals
- Gemological Instructor: Inside the World of Gem and Jewelry Appraising (2014)
To stay current on Jewelry Appraisal Issues & Market Challenges Teri attends and
gains hands-on experience as follows:
- AGA conferences covering the most recent technological advances in the detection of treatments to diamonds and gemstones, as well as their effect on value.
- ASA classes that assist appraisers is preparing a document that is USPAP compliant and in keeping the ASA ethics and standards.
- GIA lectures on a wide variety of subjects from treatment identi-fication, stability, & diamond cut grades to ethics challenges facing the industry.
- Jewelry Camp and the West Coast Jewelry Studies programs are focused on identification and circa dating of antique and vintage jewelry. Recent advances in technology have allowed for the creation of excellent Fakes and/or "Married" pieces of jewelry being represented as original vintage and antique pieces.
Portable Gemological Equipment
Our state-of-the-art portable laboratory includes a G.I.A. Maxi-lab.
The peripheral equipment includes:
- Digital photography equipment,
- G.I.A. graded Diamond master stones,
- Laptop computer equipped with PAS Professional Appraisal Software, &
- GIA Square Colored Stone Grading Software.
Additional equipment available in the Glendora office laboratory includes Photomicrography equipment, Ohaus MCT 500 carat scale, metal testing acids, ultrasonic and steam cleaning equipment, specialized lighting, (diamond grading light with long and shortwave ultraviolet), Sarin Diamond Proportion Analysis System and a full reference library.
Our extensive research library is a collection of over 30 years of industry publications.
The library includes:
- Koivula Photoatlas of Inclusions I, II, and III, Inclusion photographs and laboratory white papers
- Historical auction catalogues and results
- Archived wholesale price guides from Rapaport and The Guide for over 25 years
- Reference books on watches, vintage and antique jewelry, important designers, and historic collections.
Gem Appraisals Unlimited is proud to include clients from the following audiences.
- Retail Jewelry Customers
- Insurance Companies - coverage or claims
- Attorneys (Civil or Criminal)
- Ginger Roger's Estate
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- California Bureau of Narcotics
- Orange County & Riverside County Sheriff Departments
- Los Angeles Police Department
- Jewelry retailers, manufacturers, dealers, and importers
- Pawn Shops